- This event has passed.
Taft Beach Sand Castle Contest
August 11 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Taft Beach Sandcastle Contest is held annually in the historic Taft District in Lincoln City from 11am to 5pm and is sponsored by the Bay Area Merchants Association.
- Registration is at 11am, on the dock at SW 51st Street
- All participants must register on the day of the event, before you begin.
- There is a Fee of one can or more of food per entrant, which will be donated to the Lincoln City Food Pantry.
- Choice of sand sculpture is up to you. Keep in mind this is a fun family-oriented event. We ask that your creations be done in respect of this tradition.
- Entries must be built using only sand, water, shells and other natural beach materials found on the beach that day. hand tools and forms of any sort may be used in the construction process but in no way may support the final sculpture. NO POWER TOOLS ARE ALLOWED.
- Young children competing in the 12 year old and younger category may receive limited advice from adults, however adults must refrain from telling the child what to do and physically assisting in any manner (if you desire, you may all enter).
- Judging will take place at 3:30pm, winners will be announced shortly thereafter. Stay with your creation until all judging is completed. YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
- Sorry, professional “Sand Artists” are disqualified from winning.
- Report all emergencies to the registration table.
- GROUP (or family)
- PAIRS (or couples)
- INDIVIDUALS (over 12 years old)
- KIDS (12 years and younger)
In addition to the categories above, there will also be various specialized categories to choose from such as The Best Cat, The Best Mermaid, The Best Pirate Something and more! Come and join in on the fun!