Most of our homes are in highly restricted areas; therefore all policies must be strictly adhered to. We do not make exceptions to our policies. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- All reservations must be made by a guest who is 21 years of age or older, and they must have a valid credit card.
- All bookings require a two night minimum stay, unless it is during a major holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Spring Break, or Seafood and Wine Festival) which requires a 3 or 4 night stay.
- A minimum of a $300.00 pre-payment by credit card is required at the time the reservation is made and $300.00 per additional week(s) reserved.
- We currently accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and Amex cards for prepayments and must have one on file for the reservation.
- All balances are due 30 days prior to arrival. If you elected to make a pre-payment by credit card at the time of the reservation, we can charge the same card but will not do so automatically.
- There is a $35 fee for all returned checks
Cancellations & Refunds
- Reservation payments are forfeited upon cancellation of the reservation(s).
- Refunds or rate adjustments are not given for early departures, break downs, mechanical failure, inclement weather or damages. Ocean Odyssey will do everything within reason to correct problems that have been discovered by the guest and/or make reasonable accommodations if available.
- Absolutely no student groups or house parties will be tolerated in any of the homes managed by Ocean Odyssey. Immediate eviction without a refund is the penalty for breaking this policy.
- The total number of persons & vehicles allowed in/at the property at any time is restricted to the number stated on our website. A $25 per a person, per a night charge, and eviction without refund is the penalty for breaking this policy.
- Please be respectful of your vacation rental home and its contents, and please be respectful of your neighbors.
- Quiet time is from 9PM to 9AM. If we receive complaints you will be notified, and if there are additional complaints you will be required to leave the property without refund.
- Motor homes, campers, trailers, boats, and tents are not allowed on the property. This is highly enforced by local law enforcement. For your benefit, please make other arrangements for these vehicles while staying at an Ocean Odyssey property.
- Please bring your calling card for long distance calls; only local and toll-free calls can be made from most of the homes we manage.
- Ocean Odyssey does not provide paper products, firewood, or personal soaps unless specified on our website and house brochure.
- Homes will be available at 4PM for check in.
- Cleaning & maintenance crews are working very hard to make sure the home is ready for occupancy. Please do not arrive before 4PM.
- Upon arrival, please make a thorough inspection of the home and report any damages or problems to our office immediately. Must Call to report.
- CHECKOUT TIME IS PROMPTLY AT 11AM – Late checkouts are problematic without prior consent from Ocean Odyssey. An unauthorized late checkout will be billed an additional half night rent with a $50.00 minimum billed to the card on file. Cleaning and maintenance crews are working hard to have the home ready for the next guests. Please be respectful of their time.
- There is a $125 to $225 charge for lost keys to rekey the home and will be billed to the card on file.
- Before departing your vacation rental home please be sure the following have been completed to avoid additional charges:
- Wash all dirty dishes/ Clean BBQ after each use – A $35.00 charge will be billed if the BBQ is left dirty.
- Remove all food from refrigerator
- Wash & dry all towels (it is permissible for towels to be drying)
- Put all furniture back in its original place
- Remove all trash from the home and place in containers outside
- Set thermostats to 55 degrees
- Close and lock all windows and doors
- Leave all keys in lockbox
- Cleaning fees vary from home to home and are for sanitation and general cleaning only. Please leave the home neat and orderly in order to avoid additional cleaning charges. Additional cleaning charges are at $50 per hour with a one hour minimum charge to be billed to the card on file.
- You are responsible for any and all damages that occur to the property or its contents by you or any member of your party while you are the registered guest of the property.
- In lieu of a cash security deposit your credit card will be kept on file to cover any damages or additional cleaning and thus authorize Ocean Odyssey to charge this card.
- If damages are discovered we will charge an estimated amount to cover the cost of repairs. The amount charged is an estimated amount and may be more or less than the actual cost of the repair. We will provide an itemized statement of the repairs, and either accordingly refund or charge your credit card account.
- You may elect to purchase damage waiver before you’re given the lockbox code to the home. The damage waiver is provided to protect you from charges for incidental breakages and damages. It does not cover negligence, wanton or willful destruction, pet damages, carpet damages, or damages to hot tubs or hot tub covers. The damage waiver is limited in value not to exceed 5 times the amount paid for the waiver. All damages must be reported to the office prior to check out in order to be covered by the damage waiver.
- Dogs are the only pets allowed into our vacation rentals. Cats, birds, rabbits, rodents, snakes, or any other type of pets are not allowed.
- If we find evidence of a pet, other than a dog your credit card will be charged a minimum of $500 to cover the cost of sanitizing the home and returning it to its original condition. Please clean up dog droppings. There is a charge of $50 if we have to do it for you.
- Dogs are only allowed into homes that are listed as pet friendly.
Lost and Found
- Ocean Odyssey, the property owners, all employees, contractors, and/or agents are not responsible for items left in the property.
- Found items will be held in the Ocean Odyssey office for a maximum of 30 days, and they will then be discarded.
- If you request that a left item be returned, we will ship it to you COD through the postal service. There is a fee of $10 for this service, in addition to any shipping costs.
- There is absolutely no smoking in all but one of Ocean Odyssey’s vacation homes. Please see house description or ask if you desire a smoke friendly home.
- If we detect any evidence that a home has been smoked in, you authorize Ocean Odyssey to charge your credit card an additional $200 to deodorize the home.
- There is an agent on call 24 hours a day for emergencies. There are emergency contacts numbers are posted in each rental home.
- Remember – if you are having a fire, police, or medical emergency please call 911 first.
*Please do not cook crab in your vacation rental. The smell is incredibly difficult to remove from the home. You authorize Ocean Odyssey to charge the card on file for any and all costs associated with the removal of the smell and the restoration of the home to its original condition. The minimum charge for this is $250. There are local facilities available to cook crab at the Dock of the Bay in old town Waldport.
Ocean Odyssey management, representatives of management, or homeowners may enter the premises at any time for any reason. Ocean Odyssey and property owners also will not be held responsible for damage to vehicles due to blowing sand, wind, rain, debris, or other items that may travel via heavy winds. Please use discretion when parking vehicles. Park your vehicle at your own risk.
Homes May not be sublet.
The renter named in this agreement will be responsible for their self and all guests who occupy the property while said renter is renting the property. The renter acknowledges that Ocean Odyssey LLC., property owners, employees, agents, and contractors cannot be held responsible regardless of fault, acts of theft, vandalism, or other damages to guest’s personal items, for any accident, loss, damage or injury suffered by the renter, members of their party or any other guests which the renter or their party have allowed access to the property, regardless if said loss is a result, directly or indirectly, from acts of god, incident to the sea, any body of water, fire, breakdown of machinery, equipment, acts of government or other authorities, delays or cancellations of or changes of itineraries or schedule or from acts of omission of any airline or common carrier. Furthermore, the renter will release and hold harmless any and all parties involved with the rental, management, and reservations of the property, and to release and hold harmless it’s owners or representatives for any loss or damage to personal property or for any injury and/or death. The course of legal action must be taken in the County of Lincoln, State of Oregon and must be initiated first thru an arbitrator residing with in the above mentioned locality.
By signing below and/or paying rent and fees, and/or by occupying the premises I certify that I have read and understand all policies set forth in this agreement. I certify that I am at least 21 years of age and have the legal right to use the credit card to secure this reservation. Furthermore I agree that any and all members of my party are also bound by and agree to abide by the policies and procedures set forth above.
Everything will be done to make sure what was offered in any advertising will be in the property as described. There may be times when the exact amenities are not in the property. Every attempt is made to keep the inventory as advertised. A difference in amenities does not entitle You to any refund of rents paid. Amenities may be added or removed at the owners/managers discretion.